Patented removable neck system allows this carbon fiber acoustic travel guitar to collapse into an airline carry-on size case for the traveling musician or backpacker. Carbon fiber composite material provides durability and can function in any climate without cracking, warping or changing tone.
Journey Instruments Sitka Pau Ferro – OF420
Patented removable neck system allows this acoustic travel guitar to collapse into an airline carry-on size case for the traveling musician or backpacker. The Overhead carries a clear resonant tone with surprising volume and bass. The relatively small body size is able to carry a full sound through the use of a Manzer wedge which increases the air volume while keeping the top of the guitar close to the body for comfort. Also includes tone-enhancing premium-grade bone nut and saddle, along with ebony bridge pins.
- Soundboard: Solid Sitka Spruce satin finish
- Back & Sides: Pau Ferro satin finish
- Case: Custom-designed travel guitar backpack engineered to fit in airline carry-on compartment
- Pickup: Proprietary under-bridge transducer pickup system
See more features and specs below.
DESIGNED FOR TRAVEL
- The Overhead travel guitar uses a patented collapsible neck system which allows for assembly/disassembly in a matter of seconds.
- After packing in its travel backpack the Overhead travel guitar can be carried-on to most major airlines, easily fitting in the overhead bin compartment.
- Travel backpack includes a TSA compliant laptop tablet fold-out panel which can be scanned by airport security without having to separately remove laptop.
- Proprietary under-bridge transducer pickup system accurately amplifies the guitar and comes with all Overhead guitars.
FULL TONE IN A TRAVEL BODY
- The wedge design gives a lower shoulder/bout depth that’s deeper than a dreadnought, allowing the smaller body size to deliver great volume and booming bass.
- Bone nut, compensated bone saddle, and ebony bridge pins all help produce the tone preferred by acoustic guitarists.
- Offset sound-hole design maximizes the resonance and volume of the soundboard and proprietary bracing and layup structure produce a spectacular tone for such a compact instrument.
COMFORTABLE TO PLAY
- The wedge design angles the guitar into your body which places the guitar in a comfortable position for fingerboard access and viewing.
- The dual-action steel truss-rod enables fine tuning of relief to suit any playing style.
- Satin-finish low-c profile neck make this 24.5 inch scale super comfortable to play.
- Scoop-away™ design gives full access to all 20 frets, yet maximizes inner air volume of the instrument for maximum acoustical volume.
Proprietary Body Design:
Stylized 00 body shape
Center sound hole with Pau Ferro rosette
Wedge design for increased volume, comfort and efficiency
Hand-selected premium solid Sitka Spruce
Back and Sides:
Premium layered Pau Ferro
Forward-shifted tapered and scalloped X-bracing
Compound block for reduced weight and strengthened latch support
Binding and Markings:
MOP logo and position markings
24.5 in (622.3 mm)
Satin on soundboard, back, and sides
Ovangkol, high break-angle
Grover® 18:1 precision mini chrome tuners
Our included Journey™ under-saddle passive transducer pickup system delivers accurate and clear amplification for any PA system or amp.
Removable Neck Assembly:
Stainless steel load-bearing components
Push-button release latch under neck
Large adjustment knob on back
Carbon fiber reinforced traditional C shape with two-way adjustable truss rod
Solid Sapele Mahogany
Deep-slotted bone nut
Neck width at nut: 1 ¾ in (44.5 mm)
Neck width at 12th fret: 2.2 in (56 mm)
14 Frets to body
20 Frets total
16 inch Radius, Ovangkol
Medium brass fret wire
2 ¼ in (>57.2mm)
Compensated bone saddle
D’Addario EXP16 Coated Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Steel Strings
Guitar Dimensions and Weights:
Weight: 4.4 lbs (2.0kg)
Weight With Case: 7.4 lbs (3.3kg)
Maximum depth: 4.64 in (11.8cm)
Minimum Depth: 3.5 in (8.9 cm)
Body Length: 18 in (45.7cm)
Total Length: 35.5 in (90cm)
Lower Bout Width: 12.5 in (31.8 cm)
TRAVEL BACKPACK SPECIFICATIONS
Tech Travel Ready:
TSA compliant 14-inch computer compartment for optimal airport security inspection
Easy-access tablet pocket for up to 9.5 inch tablet devices
All- Premium Material Construction:
Extra-durable Ballistic Nylon external case with premium nylon and velour lining
Extra-padded Body compartment with premium velour
Internally-accessible padded neck compartment with premium velour and string slot
Padded string panel with strings positioning tab
Padded Top and Side handles
Extra Compartments for Your Journey:
Internal/externally accessible compartment for accessories
Additional external topside pocket for additional accessories
Additional elastic pockets in computer compartment
Hideaway, reinforced padded backpack straps with padded back
Maximum Case Dimensions: L*W*H: 22*14*9 in ( 55.9*35.5* 22.9 cm)
|Dimensions||18.9 × 15 × 23 in|