Patented removable neck system allows this carbon fiber acoustic travel guitar to collapse into an airline carry-on size case for the traveling musician or backpacker. Carbon fiber composite material provides durability and can function in any climate without cracking, warping or changing tone.
Journey Instruments Overhead Carbon Fiber Bass – OB660
Patented removable neck system allows this carbon fiber acoustic travel bass guitar to collapse into an airline carry-on size case for the traveling musician or backpacker. Carbon fiber composite material provides durability and can function in any climate without cracking, warping or changing tone.
The Overhead bass carries a clear resonant tone with surprising volume and bass. The relatively small body size is able to carry a full sound through the use of a Manzer Wedge© which increases the air volume while keeping the top of the guitar close to the body for comfort. Also provides access to the upper frets through a Scoopaway™ at the neck.
Also includes tone-enhancing premium-grade bone nut and saddle, along with ebony bridge pins.
- Soundboard: Uni-direction Carbon Fiber with gloss finish
- Back & Sides: Carbon Fiber Twill with gloss finish
- Case: Custom-designed travel guitar backpack engineered to fit in airline carry-on compartment
DESIGNED FOR TRAVEL
- The Overhead collapsible bass guitar uses a patented collapsible neck system which allows for assembly/disassembly in a matter of seconds. [View Youtube Video]
- After packing in its travel backpack the Overhead bass can be carried-on to most major airlines, easily fitting in the overhead bin compartment.
- Travel backpack includes a TSA compliant laptop tablet fold-out panel which can be scanned by airport security without having to separately remove laptop.
- Proprietary under-bridge transducer pickup system accurately amplifies the guitar and comes with all Overhead guitars.
FULL TONE IN A TRAVEL BODY
- The Manzer Wedge© design gives a lower shoulder/bout depth that’s deeper than a dreadnought, allowing the smaller body size to deliver great volume and booming bass.
- Bone nut, compensated bone saddle, and ebony bridge pins all help produce the tone preferred by acoustic guitarists.
- Offset sound-hole design maximizes the resonance and volume of the soundboard and proprietary bracing and layup structure produce a spectacular tone for such a compact instrument.
COMFORTABLE TO PLAY
- The Manzer Wedge© design angles the guitar into your body which places the guitar in a comfortable position for fingerboard access and viewing.
- The dual-action steel truss-rod enables fine tuning of relief to suit any playing style.
- Gloss-finish low-c profile neck make this 27 inch scale super comfortable to play.
- Scoop-away™ design gives full access to all 17 frets, yet maximizes inner air volume of the instrument for maximum acoustical volume.
Proprietary Body Design:
Stylized Overhead body shape
Mid-position offset sound hole for maximum resonance
Scoopaway™ for access to all 17 frets while maintaining maximum volume
Beveled back for maximum playing comfort
Manzer Wedge© design for increased volume, comfort and efficiency
Beveled soundboard armrest for maximum comfort
Unidirectional carbon fiber with proprietary carbon fiber bracing
Back and Sides:
Fiberglass reinforced carbon fiber
MOP logo and position markings
27 in (686 mm)
High gloss polyurethane
Carbon Fiber, high break-angle
Grover® 18:1 precision mini chrome tuners
Included Journey™ under-saddle passive transducer pickup system delivers accurate and clear amplification for any PA system or amp.
Removable Neck Assembly:
Stainless steel load-bearing components
Push-button release latch under neck
Large adjustment knob on back
Carbon fiber reinforced traditional C shape with two-way adjustable truss rod
Deep-slotted bone nut
Neck width at nut: 1 23/32 (44 mm)
Neck width at 12th fret: 2.2 in (56 mm)
12 Frets to body
17 Frets total
16 inch Radius, Carbon Fiber
Medium brass fret wire
Guitar Dimensions and Weights:
Weight: 4.1 lbs (1.9kg)
Weight With Case: 7.6 lbs (3.5kg)
Maximum depth: 4.64 in (11.8cm)
Minimum Depth: 3.5 in (8.9 cm)
Body Length: 18 in (45.7cm)
Total Length: 35.5 in (90cm)
Lower Bout Width: 12.5 in (31.8 cm)
Maximum Case Dimensions: L*W*H: 22*14*10 in (55.9*35.5* 22.9 cm)
TRAVEL BACKPACK SPECIFICATIONS
Tech Travel Ready:
TSA compliant 14-inch computer compartment for optimal airport security inspection
Easy-access tablet pocket for up to 9.5 inch tablet devices
All- Premium Material Construction:
Extra-durable Ballistic Nylon external case with premium nylon and velour lining
Extra-padded Body compartment with premium velour
Internally-accessible padded neck compartment with premium velour and string slot
Padded string panel with strings positioning tab
Padded Top and Side handles
Extra Compartments for Your Journey:
Internal/externally accessible compartment for accessories
Additional external topside pocket for additional accessories
Additional elastic pockets in computer compartment
Hideaway, reinforced padded backpack straps with padded back
Maximum Case Dimensions: L*W*H: 22*14*9 in ( 55.9*35.5* 22.9 cm)
|Dimensions||18.9 × 15 × 23 in|